- Chacha20: Daniel J. Bernstein.
- Poly1305: Daniel J. Bernstein.
- Blake2: Jean-Philippe Aumasson, Christian Winnerlein, Samuel Neves, and Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn
- Argon2: Alex Biryukov, Daniel Dinu, and Dmitry Khovratovich
- X25519: Daniel J. Bernstein
- EdDSA: Daniel J. Bernstein, Bo-Yin Yang, Niels Duif, Peter Schwabe, and Tanja Lange
- Chacha20: Loup Vaillant, implemented from spec.
- Poly1305: Loup Vaillant, implemented from spec.
- Blake2b: Loup Vaillant, implemented from spec.
- Argon2i: Loup Vaillant, implemented from spec.
- X25519: Daniel J. Bernstein, taken and packaged from SUPERCOP ref10.
- EdDSA: Daniel J. Bernstein, taken and adapted from SUPERCOP ref10 and TweetNaCl.
Designed and implemented by Loup Vaillant, using libsodium (by many authors), and ed25519-donna (by Andrew Moon —floodyberry).
Loup Vaillant, Fabio Scotoni, and Michael Savage.
Loup Vaillant did a first draft, Fabio Scotoni rewrote the manual into proper man pages, and Michael Savage did extensive editing and proofreading.
Mike Pechkin and André Maroneze found bugs in earlier versions of Monocypher.
Andrew Moon clarified carry propagation in modular arithmetic.
Fabio Scotoni provided much needed advice about testing, interface, and above all, packaging.